This committee is charged with recommending programs, topics, and speakers for professional development and continuing education put on by the Association, including the Annual Convention.
The Professional Development Committee shall consist of a chair appointed by the President of the Association and shall consist of at least three members from OSCA general membership. The Chair of this committee serves as the official host of the Association conventions.
This committee is charged with:
- Vetting speakers who indicate interest in presenting for the Association;
- Recommending topics and/or speakers for seminars throughout the year, including the Annual Convention;
- Assisting staff in the planning and promotion of events;
- Making recommendations and consulting with staff on ideas to improve professional development efforts; and
- Developing supplemental educational content via webinars, white papers, programs for district meetings, guidebooks/instruction manuals, or other mediums.
Dr. Charita Cooper