OSCA Voluntary Dental & Vision
OSCA is now offering ancillary dental and vision plans, in addition to the UHC medical insurance. This is separate from the OSCA-UHC Health plan. You do not have to be a participant of the UHC medical insurance to enroll in the dental and vision plans. You may enroll at any time, and coverage begins at the beginning of the following month. Further,
- Rates to participate in the OSCA are not underwritten, these are final regardless of gender, age, etc.
- This is participation driven and states that participation is the greater of; 2 lives minimum required, or 22% of the employee population.
- There is no requirement for employer contribution although employers may contribute if so inclined.
- Employers may enroll in these programs independent of the UHC-OSCA medical plan and the enrollment composition of those two plans may be different. I.e. if an employee waives medical, they may enroll in either of these plans.
- This is an OSCA member benefit - OSCA membership is required by any licensed chiropractor (staff included under member DC) to enroll
Dental: The plan is non-network, the member may go to any provider that accepts payment from Epic Life. If a Provider has not registered to accept payment from Epic Life before, its an easy process to have them set-up. Most providers already have Epic Life established as Epic administers many large, Federal employee plans.
>See the Dental Plan rates here.
Vision: Davis Vision network applies. To visit this provider look-up website go to: http://www.davisvision.com/Provider-Network/
>See the Vision Plan rates here
Billing: Billing will be from Epic Life, and will include $1 additional administration charge per Employee that is paid to the OSCA, so in addition to the rates appearing here.
Enrollment: Enrollment is by census file only, no applications accepted. Please complete the census shell to enroll. Waivers do not need to be indicated, employers are encouraged to keep records internally on waivers.