IF YOU THINK YOU ARE COMPLIANT, YOU ARE NOT
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY?
What: Who is getting audited via HIPAA and OIG with Dr. Ty Talcott
When: Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 from 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Where: Cambria Hotel Akron-Canton Airport
1787 Thorn Drive
Uniontown, Ohio 44685
Price: Members: $59
Membership Plus: Free
Compliance does not happen by Accident!
* What needs to be done to prevent a Ransom ware attack that can close your office and get you fined by the government for a HIPAA violation. This is the greatest NEW threat to chiropractors (there will be a video interview with a small chiropractic practice owner shown at this event, regarding their experience with a Ransom ware attack)
* The latest information, directly from the government Cyber security and HIPAA symposium regarding how people get caught, the type fines they face and how to protect your practice-could you be next?
*You will learn how a simple mistake can turn into a federal investigation (a short TV CHIROPRACTIC EXPOSE news story, about a chiropractors’ ‘mistake’, will be shown at the event)
*Why patient HIPAA complaints (and disgruntled employee complaints) have increased over 300% per year, resulting in a massive increase in fines etc..
* How to perform a risk analysis and ISAR's- Washington DC states if you don't have these you have no HIPAA program AT ALL and therefore face probable minimum ‘willfull neglect fines’ of $50,000 to 1.5 million!
* How chiropractors got crossways with Medicare and may have to return as much as 82% of claims paid-and what to do about it
* What is legal (can and can't do) in the area of fee compliance and dual fee systems etc…
* Required OIG compliance for anyone taking care of Medicare patients!
* Required contents of a HIPAA compliance manual
* Required HIPAA policies (about 100 pages of a typical 400-800 page manual, in the typical chiropractic office are just for policies!)
* What to do about the Omnibus rules of 2013 and the resulting minimum $50,000 fines for being noncompliant
.... Plus much more in this jam packed session!
Course goals and learning objectives:
To expand awareness regarding the ever increasing number of complaints against doctors, by patients and ex-employees, relative to mishandling/theft and cyberattacks (electronic data theft) of patient information and the fines and penalties being exacted, by the Office of Civil rights and the Department of Justice, relative to HIPAA enforcement. To update regarding what the enforcement agencies are looking for and how they find out if you are in compliance. To supply information to help simplify the implementation and maintenance of an appropriate HIPAA and OIG compliance program, with their extensive lists of required and addressable standards, in the typical chiropractic or multidisciplinary clinic, so that the option exists for the doctor to delegate and/or oversee the majority of this process and/or participate to whatever level desired. Help prepare doctors to avoid being ravaged by Medicare demands to return money paid to them by Medicare in the wake of the OIG report listing chiropractor as the number one profession for Medicare fraud and that 82% of all claims paid to chiropractors should be repaid to the government.
About the Speaker: Dr. Ty Talcott
Certified HIPAA Privacy and Security Expert (CHPSE)
President; HIPAA Compliance Services
§ Has consulted to thousands of health care practices relative to business development and protection.
§ A sought after speaker who has led numerous seminars, performed as a keynote speaker and has been featured on the cover of several magazines. He has presently instructed over 100 webinars and 90 live events relative to HIPAA and government compliance for 38 state chiropractic associations and three chiropractic colleges, as well as independent and medical organizations.
§ Is a founding partner of an IPA (independent physician association ) that credentialed participating doctors for contracting with HMO’s and PPO’s.
§ Had over thirty articles published relative to the onset of and participation with managed care-over a dozen articles regarding HIPAA compliance.
§ Served on the Governor appointed Workers Compensation Commission in Texas.
§ He is an expert at the art of effective communication and has appeared on dozens of radio and TV talk shows.
§ Has founded and chaired two hospital departments.
“My career passion is to teach others how to improve their life and business. My study of the human mind, personal relationships, and staff relationships, along with extensive business experience create the perfect background to produce powerful programs for personal and business growth. Ever since selling my clinic (at one time the largest chiropractic practice in the country) I have spent my time working with all types of doctors and health care facilities by taking large complex issues and repackage them in small digestible bits to be more easily implemented. I like being called “The Great Simplifier”. Taking onHIPAA compliancehas been a great challenge, but highly gratifying as it is so desperately needed.
I love working with my team; Tiffany Rodriguez CHOC and COO of HIPAA Compliance Services, Lindsey Olson Esq. CHOC and staff attorney for HIPAA Compliance Services and Ces Sorying CHOC AND MASTER BILLING, CODING AND MEDICARE DOCUMENTATION EXPERT and I hope we have the opportunity to assist you!” Dr. Talcott’s Cell Phone: 469-371-8804 firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 214-437-7559