To further the association’s strategic plan by approving advocacy and lobbying agendas for the Ohio General Assembly, Ohio regulatory agencies, Congress and federal regulatory agencies regarding chiropractic physicians place in health-care delivery.
The Government Affairs Committee shall consist of a chair appointed by the President of the Association and shall consist of at least five members from the Board of Directors and at least one at-large member from the OSCA general membership. The chair shall be a district director.
This committee is charged with:
- Adopting a legislative agenda every two years and presenting it to the full board for approval,
- Every even-numbered year solicit a survey amongst candidates running for the Ohio General Assembly.
- Develop and implement lobbying and related advocacy programs to secure action on legislative or regulatory policies
- Development of KeyDC program
- Assist staff with communications to members, legislators, and KeyDCs
- Approving political candidate contributions in excess of $500
Chair: Dr. Brandy Spaulding
Dr. Tony Rump
Dr. Scott Gosselin
Dr. Jerry Simon
Dr. Vincent Brechbill
Dr. Michael Cafaro
(At-Large) Dr. George Berki
Dr. Steven Boyd